Sunday, August 29, 2010

Caffè Americano @ Starbucks


Rich, full-bodied espresso with hot water in true European style.


DID YOU KNOW?

Whereas water is added to espresso after it’s been extracted in a caffè americano, a lungo, or long espresso, is made by passing more water through the espresso machine.

In Europe, coffee is essentially espresso – which, in America, isn’t very much coffee. To create a caffè americano – a coffee that satisfies the American preference for more sips in every cup – Europeans simply add hot water to their espresso. While the americano is similar in strength and taste to American-style brewed coffee, there are subtle differences achieved by pulling a fresh shot of espresso for the beverage base. The best way to discover these nuances, of course, is to try a cup yourself.

(I get from here)

I am a no-no person to coffee. Hmm should be pure black coffee. My dad and grandpa love to drink Kopi O during their breakfast or lunch or tea time or maybe supper. For me, coffee (with milk) is still can be accepted, (is Nescafe counted as coffee? ahhh I love Nescafe Mild =D) ice-blended-type of coffee is more preferable =) yum yum

When I am young (I'm still very young), my dad asked me to try a homemade black coffee but I rejected. I thought it was bitter (yes it is bitter!) Old people always say homemade black coffee tastes good!

Tonight, went to Starbucks Setia Alam with my girls again (oh no I am so broke already I some more debt from my dad hmm) I told myself to try something new other than Hot Chocolate, so I chose this Caffe Americano (the price is the cheapest amongst all grr because it is the simplest ma, without adding any creamer and sugar lmao)

Grr that guy asked me somemore "This is a black coffee, are you sure you want this?" (maybe young girls don't drink black coffee =p)

I added 5 packs of raw sugar, yes 5 packs! if not, it wouldn't taste like coffee haha. A nice first try =)

you think I can fall asleep later or not? zzz Good night =)

1 comment:

CynEe said...

nice try!

hahahahahahaha

see next time dare to order anot =P