Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today Mr. Durian met with Ms. Mangosteen


21 fun facts that you might not know about the Mangosteen Fruit:

1) The Mangosteen Fruit is a Tropical Fruit that comes from Asia.

2) The Mangosteen Fruit is the national fruit of Thailand.

3) The Mangosteen Fruit is mentioned in Chinese medical accounts as far back as the Ming Dynasty(1368A.D.-1644A.D.)

4) There accounts by Tens of Thousands of people over hundreds and hundreds of years using Mangosteen Fruit for Medical uses.

5) The Mangosteen Fruit is Highly recommended by World Renowned Doctors as a Preventive Maintenance for the Body.

6) The Mangosteen Fruit is about the same size as a Tangerine.

7) It is claimed by many people around the world, To be the best tasting friut in the world.

8) It's True Scientific name is Garcinia Mangostana.

9) The Mangosteen Fruit Usually weighs about 80 to 140 grams.

10) One Mangosten Fruit contains Only 2 to 3 seeds.

11) The Mangosteen Tree can grow to heights of to 75 feet!

12) It takes up ten years of cultivation before a Mangosteen Tree can bare it's Fantastic tasting Fruit.

13) The Mangosteen Tree produces Fruit twice each year.

14) The Mangosteen fruit contains 43 of the more then 200 Xanthones found in nature.

15) It is known in some areas of the world to be the "Queen of Fruits" as well as "The Food of The Gods".

16) The Mangosteen Fruit is purple in color and has a very soft rind when it first comes off the tree,then it hardens to the texture and hardness of a pamagranite skin.

17) Mangosteen Fruit is RICH in Anitoxidents.

18) Mangosteen Fruit was named by the French explorer and Physician Laurentiers Garcin.

19) Mangosteen was said to have been Queen Victoria's favorite fruit.

20) The rind or paracarp of the Mangosteen Fruit is used for both tanning and dying.

21) And Lastly The Mangosteen Fruit is not a Mango!!!

ohh why, they are different things what. But all also nice, yummy! I ate a lot of fruits lately, especially durian, owh HOT, I started to feel the heat now. and Dad bought mangosteen today. This is the first time, first time I eat mangosteen. Last time I thought purple is awesome, (and it shouldn't be eaten) like brinjal, no say no to them. I have take the first step, but I feel so stupid because I don't even know how to open the shell. no, my dad laugh at me =/ but at least, I have learnt something, I know how to open mangosteen's shell and now I got one more choice in the list of fruits!


urgghh, I feel so hot now, blame the durian shalt not, I blame myself being greedy and gluttonous.


so jealous WeeHan can off to Kelantan and Terengganu this coming days, I want holiday too! but being satisfied and loved after getting the superb news from my cute babes.


okay continue inspire myself!

No comments: